Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guang dong.
The Huawei Y520-U22 smart phone was released on December 2014. For more info about the smart phone and its specifications visit the GSM Arena website.
Remember, when you flash or update an android smart phone’s firmware you simply re-install the software. This is done to fix possible bugs, to customize it and so on.
Most of the time the flashing process requires a flashing software like SP Flash tool or Spreadtrum and their drivers. Luckily you don’t need all of that to update this smart phone.
The Huawei Company has created a simple file that one can use to update the phone’s firmware without using the SP Flash tool. Now when should you update the Huawei Y520’s firmware? Well, do read below to find out.
Update the Huawei Y520-U22 Firmware When You Notice the Following:
- If your smart phone crashes or freezes every now and then. Keep in mind that freezing can be caused by junk files and having less storage. You can also try wiping (factory reset) your smart phone to clean it.
- Update the firmware if your smart phone can read the sim card but shows a ‘no service’ message. However, I believe this can be fixed without downloading the firmware file. And you can fix this by downloading and installing the Kingo Root app and Chamelephon app. This method is explained later on the post.
- If some apps appear as com.android… (developer package file name) and their icon is the android’s logo on the main menu.
- If it shows the “unfortunately, ‘app name’ has stopped” message frequently. And you can try to fix this, simply by updating the app that shows this message. If that doesn’t work then try updating the firmware.
- It stuck on the android logo screen (boot loop or soft brick)
Things You Need to Update the Huawei Y520-U22 Firmware (Software)
- Huawei Y520-U22 software.
- Fully charged battery.
- Smart phone’s IMEI numbers.
- Chamelephon app
- Kingo Root app
- Data bundles minimum of 1GB. This is dependent on the firmware file size.
Part A: Fixing the “No service” Error Message (No Firmware Download Required)
If your smart phone can read your sim card but shows a “no service” message do the following: Firstly, write down your smart phone’s IMEI numbers. The IMEI numbers can be found below the battery (IMEI 1 and IMEI 2) or you can just get new IMEI number. Secondly, download and install both the Kingo Root and Chamelephon applications on your android smart phone.
Tip: Connect to data services using a Wi-Fi (Hotspot) connection to be able to connect to the internet on your smart phone. Thirdly, open the King Root app and root your smart phone. Fourthly, open the Chamelephon app and enter your smart phone’s IMEI numbers and click Apply New IMEIs. Restart your smart phone and it should read your sim card now.
Part B: Updating the Huawei Y520-U22 Firmware or Software
To update the Huawei Y520-U22 firmware you have to download the firmware file by clicking here (Huawei website). Next, extract the file on your computer and look for the update.zip file under the dload folder. Transfer the update.zip file (DON’T unzip the file) to your smart phone’s SD Media Card. Make sure your SD Media Card is inserted in your Huawei Y520-U22 smart phone.
Now go to settings -> Storage on your smart phone and scroll down to Software Upgrade. Click software upgrade -> SD Card Upgrade then confirm. Your smart phone will then begin the process. Wait for the process to complete and make sure you don’t remove anything from the smart phone until the whole process is done.
If you encounter problems or have suggestions don’t hesitate to contact us, cheers.